Sunday, March 30, 2014

DIY Sew: Tulle Skirt




I love the femininity of tulle skirts, so when I saw a few tutorials floating around pinterest recently I knew I wanted to see if I could make one for myself.

I scored 3 yards of white tulle on sale and stashed it away until I had the motivation and time to sew.
You'll also need 1 yard of white cotton fabric and a white zipper.

For this skirt I used my circle skirt pattern.
You only need the bottom piece, not the waist band.

Use the pattern to trace 6 tulle skirt pieces and 1 cotton skirt piece (make sure to trace each skirt pattern on the fold).


Pin up the side of the skirt and sew. Do this for both the cotton piece and all 6 tulle pieces.
Turn all skirt pieces right side out. 
The cotton piece will be the first layer, then layer on each tulle piece.


Sew all 7 pieces of fabric together at the waist. (sewing around in a circle)


Insert exposed zipper (see tutorial here)


Done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment