Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!!


 
For the first time ever I decided to DIY my very own Halloween costume.  A group of friends and I decided to go as General Mills mascots: The Honey Nut Cheerios Honey Bee, The Hamburger Helper Hand, Betty Crocker, Trix Rabbit, The Lucky Charms Leprechaun, and of course the Green Giant. 
 
I immediately jumped at the Green Giant costume because I could visualize exactly how I was going to make it.
 
Materials List: 2 yards of green felt,
green zipper, fabric chalk, green thread, scissors, sewing machine; Green Long sleeve shirt, green tights
 
 
 
 
Turn Right Side Out
Using the fabric chalk, free hand draw a leaf onto felt, cut; then use this leaf as a pattern for all leaves (in total I cut 26 leaves)
Use fabric chalk to draw veins into each leaf
 
.

Pair with green tights and a green long sleeve shirt, and you have yourself a costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment