Monday, July 1, 2013

DIY Sew: Dress Resizing

 
I snatched this j.crew dress off the sale rack two years ago, and even though it was a little too big, I still decided to purchase it.  I must admit it has gotten some use on the beach, but instead of looking like a cute summer dress, it was looking more like a potato sack on me. 
I decided it was time for me to try out resizing and breathe new life into this dress.
How hard could it be?
 
Here's what I did:
I set out the dress inside out:
 
 
Then placed a form fitting dress on top:
 
 
Leaving some room for seam allowance, I traced and cut.  After cutting, I also pulled the drawstring out of the back of the dress only (I left the two front strings in place):
 
 
The last step was to pin up the sides and sew:
 
 
..and that's it; a quick 15 minute fix!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment