Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DIY Sew: Valentine's Day Garland



I wanted to do a little something crafty and cute to spice up my office this valentine's day, so I decided to make heart garland, I was inspired by Dana from MADE, and her Happy Day Garland Tutorial

Materials:
1 piece of red felt
1 piece of white felt
sewing machine and white thread

To start, draw a heart, cut and use this one as your template


Cut, cut cut, one entire sheet of red felt and a half sheet of white.




 I had 55 hearts when I was done, 15 white and 30 red
I then layed out my pattern, 2 reds, 1 white, 3 reds, 1 white, 2 reds, etc


I threaded my machine with white thread, before sewing I left about 8'' of thread, then I began to sew.
Sew through the middle of your heart, stop after each heart pull the needle up place another heart down, put the needle down, sew through the center of the heart, then pull up the needle again and place another heart down, continue the process until you're done sewing up all the hearts.




and that's it!





No comments:

Post a Comment