Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thoughts, and a twirly scarf!

Happy Tuesday! My crafts or I should say crocheting at this point is starting to come along, apologies for not posting consistently just yet. I'm so new to crafting and the blogosphere; I've decided at this point to post at my own pace which for right now will be around twice a week. I can't wait to see this blog when it reaches its full potential; I've been browsing around DIY related blogs, and I'm absolutely amazed by the creativity not only of the projects that make their way on there but the presentation of the blogs themselves. For now as I am a NOVICE at all that is crafty and computer related, I'm using the blogger template, but up there on my priorities list is to learn to write code and create a much more ascetically pleasing blog for you all! In the meantime, here's a pretty twirly scarf to work on, it makes a great accessory for fall!


What you need:
K Crochet Hook
2 balls of yarn
scissors or darning needle

Create a slipknot
Chain 110
Row 1: Double crochet in 4th chain from the hook, *double crochet in next chain, 2 double crochet in next chain; repeat from *across
Row 2: Chain 3, turn double crochet in first double crochet, *double crochet in each of next 2 sitches, 2 double crochet in next stitch; repeat from * across
Row 3: chain 3, turn double crochet in first double crochet, *double crochet in each of next 3 stitches, 2 double crochet in next stitch; repeat from * across.
Row 4: chain 3, turn, double crochet in first double crochet, *double crochet in each of next 4 stitches, 2 double crochet in next stitch; repeat from * across.
Fasten off

TIP: the only confusing part about this pattern is the 2 double crochet, this direction actually calls for you to double crochet twice in the same chain, see youtube video below for tutorial on 2 double crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment